The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a 1975 musical science-fiction horror-comedy film by 20th Century Fox produced by Lou Adler and Michael White, produced by Jim Sharman. Although it did not receive initial critical acclaim, it soon became a cult classic with midnight showings around the world. At these midnight showings, "shadow casts" would mime the actions on screen behind them while lip sinching their characters lines.
Part of this midnight showing tradition is audience participation! This includes shouting call backs at the screen, costumes, and throwing various props! Please, do not bring outside prop bags! The Sonic Transducers will have prop bags for sale prior to the show for 1$ which contain theatre approved props. Please refrain from throwing anything else. This includes, but is not limited to: rice, confetti, hot dogs, bread, popcorn, concession stand food, and water.
We also have a small number of rules to protect the cast and you!
1. STAY OUT OF THE AISLES! There will be bitches in high heels running in the isles and they will kick you out of the way!
2. DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THE ACTORS! If you're lucky, they may touch you. (But really, still don't touch them!)
3. NO OPEN FLAMES! Please feel free to flame openly ;)
4. NO TALKING DURING THE MOVIE.... jk
5. THIS SHOW HAS OFFENSIVE CONTENT. We fucking curse. Fuck shit Belgium.
6. DO NOT BRING OUTSIDE PROP BAGS! This is so important, it's on this page TWICE.
7. THROW ALL PROPS UP AND BACK! If we catch you throwing things at the cast, you WILL be asked to leave. You have been warned.
8. WEAR PRETTY UNDERWEAR! It's always best to be prepared...
9. BE OVER 18! Rocky Horror is an R-rated flick, so be over 18 or bring an adult.
10. HAVE FUN! We are here to provide you with an exciting show. It's filled with hope, wonder, and gay sex. This is also a movie where you can laugh, cry, and express yourself. So feel free to join in on the callback lines, dress up (or don't), be prepared for anything (there may be water), and keep coming back!